You can always buy and wear a diving watch without professional use but it’s nice to know what they are actually made for. Just in case you would make a deep dive in your life. A dive watch generally needs to have a water resistance of at least 10 ATM (100 meters).
It is recommended to have a water resistance of at least 20 ATM for scuba diving. But today it is not a problem anymore as most diving watches have at least a water resistance of 30 ATM and some go even deeper. Some watches go so deep you can’t reach the depth without proper protection. Let’s all think about the Rolex 'Deepsea See-Dweller' that goes to 3900 meters under water. But those watches need helium release valves to protect the watch from pressure.
A true diver’s watch must accord to severe standards like the ISO 6425 and it is clearly marked so there is a proper distinction between them and watches that are not suitable for actual diving. What differentiates a dive watch from a sports watch is that dive watches are specifically made for diving. Even deep sea diving in the ocean. But how many people go buy a diving watch because they need it especially for diving?
What we really need to know is the reason why people would still buy a diving watch without the professional use of it. The fact is that as far as we know diving watches are tough, reliable and robust. If you can trust a dive watch with a water resistance up to, for example 300 meters, you can trust that same watch to go surfing, sailing, and rafting. If the watch can get wet, it can take a beating.
Items 1-9 of 166
- REF: 2019Wayfarer II Ox Pro Green Dial€3,500.00 Now Only €1,790.00
- REF: 2019Wayfarer II Ox Pro€2,950.00
- REF: A17392D7/BD68Superocean II 44 mm€3,390.00 Now Only €2,690.00
- REF: A17392D7/BD68Superocean II 44 mm€3,850.00 Now Only €2,950.00
- REF: A17392D81C1A1Superocean II€3,780.00 Now Only €3,050.00
- REF: M1739313/BE92Superocean 44 Special€4,740.00 Now Only €3,495.00
- REF: 116610LNSubmariner date€9,890.00
- REF: 116610LVSubmariner Date€13,950.00