You can contact us via WhatsApp on
+32 4 72 75 72 74

Panerai

The rebirth of Panerai
Officine Panerai joined the Richemont Group in 1997. Since then, it has performed an extraordinary transformation: from a niche brand for insiders to a lifestyle phenomenon. The company was established in 1860 by Giovanni Panerai and provided precision instruments to the Italian navy. In the 1930s, Florentine engineers developed a series of waterproof wristwatches that could be worn by special forces under particularly extreme and risky conditions. In 1997 the company was led by Angelo Bonati and produced a collection of oversized wristwatches, both in style and technics based on historical models. In 2002, Panerai opened a factory in Neuchâtel and in 2005 they began producing their own watches. In 2009, Panerai's new 'small' manufacturing watches came out. The idea behind it was to begin the competition with the few basic watches available a few years ago.
Panerai
The new beginning
In 2014, a new factory was built in Neuchâtel where development, production, assembly and quality control took place under one roof. In parallel with the consolidation, the brand had been working on a gradual expansion of its portfolio with new calibers. And an automatic chronograph with flyback function was released early. This was followed by a new caliber with an eight-day travel reserve and manual excitement in 2013, two features we know of the brand since it once received its first orders from the Italian Navy. In 2016, the company decided to invest in ‘case innovation’. The most spoken product of Panerai at SIHH in Geneva was the ‘Lo Scienzato’ Luminor 1950 Tourbillon made of titanium, a big watch with a striking industrial appearance. In order to keep the weight low, the brand's engineers used 3D printing, the only way to make a hollow case of titanium.

Take a look at our selection of Panerai watches below. 

Share: